D & I are museli bar fanatics but our cupboards were museli bar bare so I resorted to an old oat cookie recipe which I hadn’t made in ages. I was itching to bake – you know how it is. The cookies have just enough flour (gf flour) to hold them together whilst they bake. I will endeavour to make another batch, simply so I can take some pictures.
The recipe suggests using 1 cup of sultanas but I added in 1 cup of fruit and nut mix instead, the nuts are sublime and extra crunchy after baking. The finished biscuits were oaty pillows of fruity goodness. Maybe next time I will add a touch of cinnamon to balance with the creaminess of the oats.
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 80g unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 125g raw sugar
- 1 cup plain flour (gluten free flour)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup of fruit & nut trail mix (finely chopped if pieces are very large)
- Preheat oven to 170 – 190 degrees, line two cookie trays with baking paper
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Stir the melted butter, honey and egg into the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Make one cookie by dropping 2 tbsp of the mixture onto the cookie tray and press lightly on top to squash together.
- Repeat until you have filled both trays.
- Bake in oven for 10-12minutes, until golden in colour
- Once cooled store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy while still warm!